emilda-1.2.2/src/perl/PDF.pl
David Everly
2005-03-27 12:59:46 UTC

Is emilda-1.2.2/src/perl/PDF.pl used at all anymore?

And similarly, is HTMLDoc needed now?

Thanks,
Dave.
--
Encrypted Mail Preferred:
Key ID: 8527B9AF

ASCII ribbon campaign:
() against HTML email
/\ against Microsoft attachments
Information: http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
Mattias Nordstrom
2005-03-27 13:33:44 UTC
Post by David Everly
Hi,
Is emilda-1.2.2/src/perl/PDF.pl used at all anymore?
And similarly, is HTMLDoc needed now?
Thanks,
Dave.
Hi David,

As of 1.2.2 PDF.pl is not used anymore, which also removes the HTMLDoc
dependancy.
--
Mattias Nordstrom
CTO

***@realnode.com
www.realnode.com
Christoffer Landtman
2005-03-27 11:54:14 UTC
Post by Mattias Nordstrom
Post by David Everly
Hi,
Is emilda-1.2.2/src/perl/PDF.pl used at all anymore?
And similarly, is HTMLDoc needed now?
Thanks,
Dave.
Hi David,
As of 1.2.2 PDF.pl is not used anymore, which also removes the HTMLDoc
dependancy.
We removed PDF.pl and thus HTMLDoc from Emilda due to numerous different
issues and problems. However, PDF.pl is still present and can be used if
so desired. What you have to do is change the bottom form in pdf.php to
submit the page to PDF.pl instead of doing window.print();

Hopefully this is of no bigger problem to anyone.

Regards,
--
Christoffer Landtman
CEO

***@realnode.com
www.realnode.com
David Everly
2005-03-27 14:09:32 UTC
Post by Christoffer Landtman
Post by Mattias Nordstrom
As of 1.2.2 PDF.pl is not used anymore, which also removes the HTMLDoc
dependancy.
We removed PDF.pl and thus HTMLDoc from Emilda due to numerous different
issues and problems. However, PDF.pl is still present and can be used if
so desired. What you have to do is change the bottom form in pdf.php to
submit the page to PDF.pl instead of doing window.print();
Hopefully this is of no bigger problem to anyone.
I don't think this is any problem. I was thinking that for the Debian
package, I would thus remove the HTMLDoc dependency and omit installing
PDF.pl. Is there some PHP package that needs to be depended on instead?

Christoffer Landtman
2005-03-28 06:43:48 UTC
Post by Mattias Nordstrom
As of 1.2.2 PDF.pl is not used anymore, which also removes the HTMLDoc
dependancy.
We removed PDF.pl and thus HTMLDoc from Emilda due to numerous different
issues and problems. However, PDF.pl is still present and can be used if
so desired. What you have to do is change the bottom form in pdf.php to
submit the page to PDF.pl instead of doing window.print();
Hopefully this is of no bigger problem to anyone.
I don't think this is any problem. I was thinking that for the Debian
package, I would thus remove the HTMLDoc dependency and omit installing
PDF.pl. Is there some PHP package that needs to be depended on instead?
No. What this implies is that Emilda currently cannot produce PDF. The
printables are pure HTML, but if someone wants to convert these into
other formats, this is not supplied in Emilda. In 1.3 PDF will be native
PHP with a complete new PDF creation API. More on this later.
--
Christoffer Landtman
CEO

***@realnode.com